Momentum Manufacturing Group - Metal Tronics LLC
Momentum Manufacturing Group with over 650 employees, is the largest metal fabrication, machining, and powder coating operation of its kind in Northern New England. As one of Northern Vermont’s most important employers, our workforce is the cornerstone of our business. Average tenure exceeds 8 years on all critical functions allowing for essential continuity of the manufacturing processes. The Company currently operates out of seven state of the art facilities in St Johnsbury, Vermont Groveton, NH, Franklin, NH, Amherst, NH, Georgetown, MA and Ipswich, MA totaling over 500,000 sq. ft. The establishment of manufacturing cells for select customers has created many cross functional teams within buildings. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Green Belts on staff lead the company in lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
Press brake operators produce parts and tools from metal using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends, punches, or cuts into material.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adjust the machine to control speed, make sure machine is set up properly and producing quality product.
- Read, follow, and understand blueprints
- Inspects the fabricated part to make sure that it matches specifications from blue print
- Understands and performs set-up of each unit correctly
- Safely operate equipment, machinery, and overhead crane
- Meets or exceeds set production targets as directed by supervisor
- Keep area, machines, tools and equipment clean, organized and clear of debris
- Respect the required standards in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment.
- Follow company rules and policies
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task
- Follow safety rules and quality standards
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Must have the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Must wear PPE
- Must show up at work on time and as scheduled.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- One year related experience and/or training preferred
- Experience with steel, aluminum and/or stainless steel preferred
- Ability to read blue prints a plus but we will train
- Basic math skills
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to stand, sit, bend and kneel without difficulty
- Ability to repeatedly lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Exposure to loud noises
- Working in the presence of fork trucks and other manufacturing machinery
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.