Amazon.com Services LLC
- 5+ years of experience in developing advertising guidelines and standards, compliance practices, or a related field
- 3+ yrs experience in content moderation and systems
- 3+ yrs experience in the book publishing industry
- Understanding of the impact policy decisions have on advertisers, publisher partners, and retail customers and ability to balance revenue opportunities with brand trust and customer experience
- Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- High degree of organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, the ability make difficult tradeoffs and prioritize based on impact
Are you looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing organization within a disruptive and innovative company? Amazons World Wide Policy team is looking for a highly motivated Principal Policy Manager to help ensure a great experience for our book customers by working with leadership in sales, operations, legal, product management, and publishers and authors.
The Principal Policy Manager, Book Ads, will design and play a lead role in the implementation of book advertising policies. You will be responsible for delivering often complex guidance in a comprehensive and easily digestible way. You will work with Amazon book consumer teams to align on principles and standards for Amazon book customers. You will earn trust by building relationships with book publishers and authors and put their experience and advertising goals at the forefront of policy creation and enforcement.
You will make balanced and well researched decisions on sensitive and divisive topics.
You will continuously evaluate advertising and publisher standards, policy enforcement and ad moderation systems, and escalation processes. You will be the voice of our policies and standards for advertising clients, agencies, and internal customers, to ensure a broad understanding of the intent, philosophy, and customer obsession behind the policy decisions we make. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to improve policy enforcement mechanisms, analyze data to prioritize tool improvements, and help set the vision for automated review to enable policy enforcement at scale.
Amazon Advertising help advertisers reach Amazon customers on our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publishers across the web, and on millions of Kindles, Fire Tablets, Fire TVs, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team and working to build a unique, highly respected advertising group with a focus on customer obsession, you’ve come to the right place.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop policies that protect Amazon, our customers, and book advertisers
- Build escalation tools and handle policy escalations from advertisers, internal moderation and PR, and other internal stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to SVP’s and business team regarding program/project progress and roadblocks
- Define program and organization wide metrics and ambitious goals
- Partner and influence product and engineering teams to drive solutions that scale and accurately enforce our policies
- Make balanced decisions on divisive and sensitive content topics
- Build and develop relationships with book publishers
- Master’s degree
- Directly applicable experience in digital advertising or advertising technology with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in launching and managing successful, customer-focused global programs at scale
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.