Design and develop Information Security architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology). Position is essential to the alignment of business needs and capabilities to ensure security architecture direction and standards are set, communicated and maintained. Develop security specifications for both critical electric grid and corporate systems. Assess compatibility and integration of products/services proposed in order to ensure an integrated architecture across technologies and business portfolios.
- Planning & Strategy: Provide and manage Information Security architecture direction to major programs in the areas of applications, information, infrastructure and integration. Work with program managers to plan work streams and identify risks and issues. Responsible for critical technology decisions.
- Architecture Framework: Develop enterprise-level Information Security strategic architectures. Defines controls and integration standards and governs project adherence to standards, frameworks and industry-specific requirements.
- Architectural Governance: Participate in the Architecture, Engineering, and/or Design Communities of Practice. Assist in the development of reference architectures and security best practices. Governs project adherence to standards.
- Communication & Relationship Building: Communicate with stakeholders and leadership on key technical decisions, program status, and risks. Prepare and deliver effective documentation and presentations on projects, overall program architecture and design. Communicate security risks and technical information to executives, peers and other stakeholders.
- Trend Analysis / Technology Investment: Ensure that security architecture areas are integrated with major programs from a domain and enterprise architecture perspective. Perform technology watch functions and keeps abreast of latest developments. Set direction and provide Information Security Roadmap updates relative to key technology direction regarding long-term capabilities required and project impacts.
- Technology Leadership: Provide technical leadership to other architects and project engineers. Act as a mentor and role model to other IT architects and engineers. Assists management with development of plans to acquire, train and retain high performing technical talent in critical areas.
- Lead and manage the development of Information Security Architecture, standards and design patterns through the management of a matrixed team for each of the technology areas. Manage and provide architectural and design direction for other architects, engineers and consultants.
- 5 years experience of systems architecture or systems engineering
- 10 years experience in Information Security
- 3 years experience designing complex systems
- 3 years experience with systems integration and engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal employees, third parties, and management to develop
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Information Security experience in the electric utility industry
- Experience with technology implementation projects for enterprise-scale organizations
- Ability to read and create diagrams such in formats such as DFD, BPMN and UML.
- Experience with AWS or Azure Architecture Frameworks
- Experience with extending governance to cloud services
- Working knowledge of services architectures.
- Threat Modeling
- Experience championing new or different thinking, technologies and processes
- Experience identifying and managing risk in services, contracts and supply chain.
- Experience with NIST CSF, NERC CIP, ISA 62443, MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience collaborating and informing risk across programs, teams,and organizations
- Understanding of Identity and Access methods including SSO and Zero Trust.
- Security Operations, Monitoring and Event Management Architecture
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver; MN – Minneapolis; TX – Amarillo || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56130:Security Strategy & Compliance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $164,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay – Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 46273
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.