“celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wall coverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail. Schumacher is a globally recognized company with a myriad of showrooms both domestically and internationally.
Our competitive advantage in the industry is people. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. F. Schumacher & Co is deeply anchored in our company core values which are as follows:
- Preserve The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take Ownership & Accountability
- Be Solutions-Oriented
- Demonstrate Courage
- Practice Adaptability
- Embrace Collaboration
We empower our employees to live these values daily because we understand how it will positively impact the customer journey. F. Schumacher & Co., also known as FSCO, is the parent company of many brands within our portfolio. This role is part of Schumacher North America, which is the largest division of the company.
About The Role
- Assist the FSCO Art Director with the design of all assets including but not limited to Frederic magazine, fredericmagazine.com, Frederic social assets, FSCO books, video and more
- Think critically about the goals and power of each design
- Design print layouts for Frederic
- Support Art Director with book layout and production
- In coordination with the Art Director, work with the Frederic magazine team to produce digital newsletters
- Work with fredericmagazine.com team to build feature stories, creating visuals, and resizing images
- Work Art Director and FSCO social media team to create assets for all Frederic social media channels
- Collaborate with Art Director and FSCO social media team to create graphics for video and moving images
- Assist with photography organization and requests from internal team members
- Support team and company goals as needed, excitedly taking on new and more projects as needed
- Continually push the envelope with new content and design concepts
- Strongly consider priorities and deadlines, ensuring to complete each project on time and revising it as YOU
- 3-4 years’ experience
- A degree in Graphic Design, BFA preferred
- Exceptional design and layout skills
- Strong Photoshop, conceptual, typographic, drawing, and layout skills
- Proficient in Adobe CC specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of web motions graphics and video using After Effects is a plus
- Knowledge in Microsoft office
- The ability to design across many different categories and aesthetics, for various territories, while staying true to the various FSCO brands
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure, multi-task, stay organized.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Resume and portfolio are required.
About F. Schumacher & Co.:
F. Schumacher & Co. is an innovative interior design company that is disrupting the $150 billion-dollar global interior design industry. We are a technological leader on the design frontier, constantly pushing boundaries and striving for excellence. With over 500+ employees and growing, we are driven by a shared belief that design transforms life. We are dedicated to the mission of helping our customers “celebrate the feeling of home”. Schumacher designs and produces some of the most beautiful fabrics, wallcoverings, trims, furniture, and accessories in the world. Our portfolio of products is broad, but they are united by a passion for design, a thirst for what is next, an appreciation for what’s come before, a drive to make our products with enormous care and attention for detail.