About this Opportunity
As a Product Application Specialist, you’ll support applications for new product development programs, existing product lines, product training, and the development of new marketing materials. You will assist and consult with the Herman Miller Sales Team to apply our products appropriately as required to increase success rate and drive additional sales.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Assist in developing mock-up tactics.
- Cultivate a network of field contacts as an information resource and credibility enhancer.
- Drive applications studies to determine new product development programs that will attain program objectives in meeting specified customer needs.
- Participate in sales training activities related to product design/application.
- Participate in the planning, execution, and analysis of domestic trade show activity.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Provide specification-modeling support that leads to a competitive advantage.
- Provide support to the Herman Miller Salesforce to refine and improve how our products can be applied to better meet the needs of the client.
- Respond to other needs as directed by the Department Manager.
- Support competitor design/application research needs related to product development and other corporate initiatives.
- Support the development of product marketing materials (planning guide, applications guide, brochure).
- Understand and drive the differentiating design/applications features of Herman Miller systems, seating, and storage products.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architectural Interior Design from an accredited program.
- Three to five years of experience in commercial interior design.
- Contract furniture experience (preferred).
- A strong sense of the customer and sales process and a proven ability to facilitate customer and field interaction.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Z-Axis, and CAP design tools.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments
- A willingness to travel (customer centers, client locations, Out and About training sessions).
- The ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.