As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
The Business Strategy & Development team is a fully integrated team of Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs) and Product Managers, created to support and service our investment capabilities across diversified channels and regions. The team’s purpose is to maximize franchise value through best-in-class product positioning, leading as client advocates, and implementing business plans to drive organic growth, profitability, and asset retention.
Investment Capability Summary: Invesco Fixed Income (IFI) manages $407 billion in assets as of December 31, 2021. The platform is organized to meet the diverse needs of our global client base with 176 investment professionals across 8 investment teams in 12 key markets. The Global Investment Grade Credit team manages $82 billion in assets including Core, Core Plus, Corporate Bond, and Short-Term Bond across multiple regions and currencies. Our clients are a mix of Retail Investors and Institutions.
The Product Manager will support the firm’s Global Investment Grade Group. The role will include helping with product positioning, product research/trends, and support of overall product management initiatives. The individual will work closely with the client portfolio managers, product managers, marketing, and portfolio teams, as well as other key business support functions. This individual should have an understanding of fixed income markets and concepts (preferably the asset management business, in particular), and must be a credible resource from both a fundamental analysis and business perspective. Strong communication and organizational skills are core requirements for the position. The Product Manager must have an intimate knowledge of the investment philosophy and process of each investment product supported. This includes a detailed understanding of current investment themes within the portfolio, knowledge of portfolio holdings, risk attributes of the strategy, past and current positioning of the portfolio, near-term outlook for the strategy and performance attribution
You will be responsible for:
The Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the team in responding to client requests from both retail and institutional investors.
Interact effectively with Invesco’s internal teams:
- Manage and support month- and quarter-end product marketing update process
- Assist in answering RFP/RFI questionnaires
- Prepare client presentation and marketing materials
- Coordinate efforts between departments (i.e. marketing, legal, finance, operations)
- Prepare project status reports and communicate findings to team leaders
- Liaise with sales force to ensure timeliness and high-quality standards for client meetings are met
- Monitor assets, including pipeline of opportunities and investment flows
- Build and maintain knowledge of macroeconomic landscape and asset class trends to provide asset class context to Invesco sales teams
- Work with market data research teams to gather and articulate competitive landscape and industry trends
- Collaborate on ad-hoc research projects
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives including whitepapers, blogs and other media
- Utilize risk and performance attribution data to help develop portfolio commentaries
- Engage with Portfolio Managers and Analysts to maintain and be able to communicate a detailed understanding of portfolio holdings, positioning, activity, and performance
- Help to craft responses to internal and external client inquiries
The experience you bring:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a focus on continuous improvement, willingness to take risks, embrace and lead change, determination to find creative solutions to problems.
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good people and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong PC skills. Proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, eVestment, Morningstar, and Aladdin is preferred
- Understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and processes
- May be expected travel occasionally
- 3-5+ years of investment experience, with a focus on research, writing, marketing, and data and content management processes
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
- Interest in the CFA program or in the pursuit of an MBA is preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required within 6 months of employment
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success, and we strive to provide employees with a competitive total rewards package which includes:
- Flexible Vacation and Remote Work Benefits
- 401K Matching
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
All Invesco employees are subject to Invesco’s COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY FOR EMPLOYEES, which provides that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption may be granted based on a medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief. Fully vaccinated means that an individual has received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received Emergency Use Authorization or full approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and that it has been at least two weeks since the final recommended dose.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.