Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Developer Platform enables external developers and partners to build solutions with Square APIs and SDKs to help us serve the needs of our sellers. With our platform, developers can integrate Square’s commerce, payments, and customer engagement solutions into their custom-built applications.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join the Square Developer Platform team and drive GTM strategy and execution for Square Payment APIs and SDKs among developers and partners. As the PMM, you will take the lead on identifying ideal customer profiles of your products, building product messaging and positioning based on market insights, thinking critically about product growth and adoption, and being the voice of the product and its customers to stakeholders across the company. You will report to the Product Marketing Lead for Developer Platform and Experience.
- Lead product launches from planning to execution in collaboration with product, partnerships, sales, account management, developer evangelism, and creative teams.
- Drive post-launch growth marketing for your products, including identifying growth opportunities, launching awareness and conversion initiatives, and tracking performance.
- Identify and segment the target audiences for your products, including evaluating their pain points and conducting research to validate your hypotheses.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging based on competitive research and customer insights.
- Own development of marketing content including blog posts, landing pages, emails, internal sales and partnerships trainings, customer-facing materials, and more.
- Present GTM strategies, execution, and results to key stakeholders across the company to collect feedback and share insights.
- Brainstorm and position use cases of your products as they relate to the Square Developer Platform (e.g. positioning your products in the context of building mobile ordering apps or a point-of-sale for a dentist’s office).
- Support team in preparation for our annual developer and partner conference, Square Unboxed. This includes building content for the keynote, sessions, and product launches at the event.
- 6+ years professional experience including 4+ years experience in product marketing or product management
- Previous experience marketing technical products to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills with stakeholders across product, creative, sales, account management, and partnerships
- A track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.