Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join our dynamic partner strategy team. You will work together with Splunk’s partner team on the solution and technical aspects of selling and crafting Splunk’s O11y solutions to our largest Enterprise clients. The Splunk Partnerverse Program differentiates partner proficiencies and improves offerings across industries, technology and use cases. It provides access to a rich set of benefits that deepen customer access and contributions to Splunk and offers meaningful marketing support to position each partner’s unique offerings and solutions.
As part of the new Splunk Partnerverse Program badging system, participants can earn different badges to help customers identify which partners have the right expertise to meet their needs.
Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You’ll be one of the O11y subject matter experts for our team serving our partners and prospects.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for Splunk’s products and services. Additionally, you will position Splunk’s O11y technology and solutions to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client’s technical staff.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT:We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- Several years of current experience in technical consulting or Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Significant development proficiency in at least 3 of the following programming languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Objective-C, Java-Dalvik
- Current experience working with Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with microservices in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Experience delivering executive and customer presentations
- Experience with *nix, macOS, Windows administration
- Comfortable in a team or project leadership role
- Experience working with at least 2 of the following: Nagios, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Confluence, JIRA, Consul.io, Jenkins, Lambda
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Clear understanding of network and system management solutions
- Experience with US Federal programs and compliance requirements such as TIC and CDM preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio preferred.
- Experience with Splunk Partners is required. Must have experience with developing Partner programs, Partner lead sales initiatives, Partner training, or other business planning activities.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or O11y/Compliance is desirable.
- Has knowledge of compliance and risk management requirements from government, financial, and/or health care customers which impacts technology software design, services capabilities, and what drives customers decisions
- Demonstrated experience deploying Splunk technology to customer environments.
- Unix/Linux Admin, OS, and configuration expertise
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some Unix or Linux based scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash) are desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
Certifications and Accreditations:
- Splunk Certified Core Consultant
- Splunk Accredited Splunk Cloud Fundamentals Consultant
- Splunk Accredited ITSI Implementation (or at least 3+ years of experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.