- Requisition no: 525651
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Neurology
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Located in the heart of Washington Heights, the Columbia Community Center will be a hub for gathering, educating and empowering local community members to make healthy lifestyle choices and become leaders and advocates for their community.
Reporting to the Community Center Directors, Dr. Rafael Lantigua and Dr. Olajide Williams, the Taxi Project Coordinator will lead an exciting new program focused on educating and equipping taxi drivers in the Washington Heights community with tools to become Community Health Workers and health advocates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Network with local taxi bases in order to initiate efforts to enroll taxi drivers as Community Health Workers
- Support capacity building activities of local Community Based Organizations and related health promotion activities.
- Assist with measuring the success of the education and outreach efforts by collecting data, tracking participation, and creating and analyzing pre and post-event surveys
- Support the faculty educators who conduct the CHW trainings, and support key community advocates who will facilitate long-term engagement with CHWs in the neighborhoods of Washington Heights and Harlem.
- Develop multilingual and culturally literate educational webinars as well as virtual events and in-person events
- Participates in all quality improvement/process improvement initiatives and performs additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two years of related experience.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong organizational skills, keep excellent notes, show sound judgment, and have a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation as well as the ability to work independently within a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Prior experience in health education, community health education or public health education highly desirable
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be available to work occasional early morning, evening, or weekend days as required.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational policies, procedures, systems, objectives, and computer systems applications is required.
- Great management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend and stoop using good body mechanics.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: May 10 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.