Civic Financial Services
Civic Financial Services is a private money lender, specializing in the financing of non-owner-occupied residential investment properties. CIVIC provides Mortgage Brokers and Real Estate Investors with a fast, cost effective funding source for their real estate investment needs.
CIVIC is committed to creating a workplace where our people thrive, which translates into a culture of inclusion, recognition, and success for our teammates and clients alike. Since 2016, CIVIC has been recognized by Best Workplaces and Fortune as a Great Place to Work, and CIVIC’s employee engagement ranks among the top 5% of companies nationally.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, an innovator, a game changer, a creative, a problem-solver, a thinker, or an operator we have all kinds. CIVIC is the place for smart, ambitious, dedicated people who work hard and play nice.
Yes, our business is in real estate investing… but our greatest investment is in you!
The Property Insurance Analyst analyzes insurance coverage requirements for non-owner occupied, residential and commercial business purpose loans in accordance with company guidelines. Assists in determining appropriate coverage; informs and educates team members about coverage, exclusions and exposure. Provides support to sales, production, underwriting and closing departments specifically with insurance requirements and in analyzing risk to the company.
What you’ll do:
- Point of contact on insurance questions, coverage requirements and guidelines.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries from internal team members, customers, insurance agents, external vendors regarding insurance requirements and guidelines.
- Review loan documents, appraisals and valuation reports to determine loan-specific insurance requirements.
- Perform review and approval of insurance certificates, policies, statement of values and invoices to determine compliance with guidelines.
- Process insurance waivers/exceptions with supporting documentation for non-compliant insurance issues.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining insurance data in loan operating system Encompass.
- Analyze and complete insurance reports.
- Collaborate and assist the sales and loan setup teams on insurance related inquiries as needed.
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Perform general insurance tasks, as necessary.
- Continue self-development and learning for continued skill and education growth related to property insurance.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of insurance experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Residential and Commercial Insurance Coverage – Property (including flood, wind, earthquake and terrorism), General Liability, and Professional Liability and Umbrella /Excess Liability Insurance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe and experience with Encompass a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, while providing a strong individual contribution
- Excellent attention to detail, judgement, flexibility, accountability and dependability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills through all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to show ownership of work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities
- Demonstrated patience when learning new processes
- Courteous, respectful and thoughtful in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
We have a strong focus on going above and beyond when it comes to caring for our team members and our communities. In addition to traditional benefits like health insurance, casual Fridays, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, we are proud to offer these unique and enriching work perks:
- Celebrations: When we say we “work hard and play hard,” we mean it! We like to celebrate often via onsite, offsite, and virtual happy hours, themed parties, parking lot BBQ’s, milestone ceremonies, birthday gift cards, and Workout Tuesdays (to name a few).
- Investments: As we are in the lending space, we believe we should consistently and frequently invest in our CIVIC team. We support our teammates in paying off student debts and invest in your education with a tuition reimbursement program.
- Flexible Work Environment: Work-life balance is important. We work with you to determine the best work style for you and CIVIC.
- Office Life: We like to make sure that when you are in the office, you are well fed and can access the resources you need. Our kitchens are stocked with snacks and beverages, and we have created an office spaces dedicated to collaboration, focus time, creativity while ensuring team members safety.
- Education: We offer an online curriculum of courses through our own CIVIC University. We also created programs to support you and your manager in career development discussions.
- #CIVICCares Initiative: From beach cleanups, food and clothing drives, building homes for Habitat for Humanity, to volunteer hours, CIVIC provides several opportunities throughout the year for our team to step outside the office, bond, and come together to give back to our local communities.
Civic Financial Services is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.