Provides diagnostic interviews, medication management and therapy to patients as well as consultation to physicians, social workers and other staff members. Assists Psychiatry Director with administrative tasks pertaining to all Staff Psychiatrists, Psychiatric PAs and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
- Complete structured clinical interview with all new patients
- Provide comprehensive psychiatric care, including medication, medication review and therapy
- Document all patient care in electronic medical record
- Participate in CQI projects
- Provide consultation to primary care providers and residents
- Provide supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff members and students
- Facilitate on-going chart reviews
- Conduct educational sessions for psychosocial staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- General Residency in Accredited Program or Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
- Current NY State License and Registration.
- As applicable, certified or eligible for certification by recognized specialty organization.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Ability to provide care to children and adolescents preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, clinical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve using critical thinking
- Demonstrated basic computer skills including typing
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action:
The Institute for Family Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and may not list all the duties and functions required, however, it does highlight the essential requirements. Nothing outlined in this job summary is to be construed as an express or implied contract of employment.
Please visit www.Institute.org for more information.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.