Memorial Hermann Health System
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Assesses patients, develops and initiates treatment plan based on the results of the evaluation. The evaluation may include measurements of neuromuscular and skeletal functions. Provides direct patient care. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients and caregivers. Assists Level III physical therapists and leadership with program development. Serves as resource to staff PTs. Provides training and guidance to students and interns. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians.
or graduate degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university-based Physical Therapy program
Licenses/Certifications: Current license to practice Physical Therapy by Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current Certification in Basic Life Support
A physical therapist practicing direct access:
Education: Doctoral degree along with a residency or fellowship program,
Licensed therapist with 30 hours of continuing competence activities in differential diagnosis
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners license.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least two (2) years clinical experience requiredrequired or completion of an accredited residency program.
- The position requires occasional/frequent lifting of up to 75/100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assumes responsibility in the care of the patient. Performs complete, comprehensive evaluation of patients. Accurately interprets evaluation findings. Completes a written plan of care, develops goals based on evaluation findings, and develops a comprehensive program to attain goals.
- Implements a physical therapy treatment program and provides advanced physical therapy treatments. Demonstrates competency in performing advanced physical therapy skills. Responsible for patient care performed by assistants and rehabilitation technicians. Assesses patients regularly to monitor progress towards treatment goals, and alters goals, plan or program as indicated. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using appropriate methods.
- Communicates effectively with patients/caregivers, professional colleagues to include physicians and insurance companies.
- Manages time effectively.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
- Serve as a clinical resource, mentor, and clinical instructor to staff, students, hospital, schools and/or the community in general.
- Actively pursues clinical expertise in specific treatment techniques or management of a particular patient population.
- Actively participates in organized system/facility/departmental committees and taskforce.
- Presents relevant special topics in professional literature at clinic meetings, grand rounds, conferences, university settings and meetings as delegated or requested by the faculty.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.