BDS Connected Solutions
The Public Relations Coordinator will support the team with all aspects of public relations to bring awareness to the Client’s brand through new product launches from planning through execution.
- Executes and evaluates consumer tech and lifestyle PR media campaigns
- Plan, develops, and executes media and PR campaigns to bring awareness to Client product
- Answer and assist with media inquiries
- Prep presenters for interviews and events
- Compiles and maintains media lists for outreach
- Coverage tracking and reporting; ongoing and at key product launch moments
- Research and recommend new strategies and tactics to bring awareness to Client product
- Collaborate with Client to execute launch plans for new products, including event planning, scheduling, and execution.
- Other tasks as requested by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications preferred or high school and equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years of media relations experience; PR agency experience preferred
- A portfolio of client work
- Excellent knowledge of public relations best practices, brand management, and media strategies
- Experience with media reporting and competitive research
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong written skills with the ability to write engaging and informative copy
- Strong oral communication skills and must be able to speak with media
- Proficient with Cision and/or Meltware required
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of media landscape/evolving communications environment
- Stays up to date on current events as it relates to consumer technology and updated media strategies and tactics
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including overnight travel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $56,160.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Please confirm that you are aware of the starting pay of $56,160
- Do you have experience using Cision and Metalware? If so, how many years?
- This is a HYBRID role and requires you to travel 2x a week, are you okay with this?
- Do you have PR agency experience?
- If selected for an interview, we will ask for a portfolio. Are you able to submit a portfolio?
- You must live in Chicago, IL. Do you reside in or located close to Chicago?
- Cision: 1 year (Required)
- Meltware: 1 year (Required)
- Public relations: 2 years (Required)
- Brand management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social media strategy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Client Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Campaign: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.