Job Location: Upper East Side, NYC
Position Type: Full Time, 8:30a – 5:30p
Job Category: Purchasing – Procurement
- Responsible for purchasing orthotic and prosthetic components, and related raw materials for offices in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving at NYC facilities.
- Inventory Control – establish par levels with the procurement department and ensure each branch and laboratory has all necessary products and materials daily.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various departments to plan supply needs and ensure ordering compliance.
- Analyze industry and demand trends and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Traveling between sites to monitor inventory and schedules, and deliver supplies.
- Reviews purchase orders (POs) for backordered items to effectively communicate delays to the branch level and management.
- Maintain regular communication with staff to clarify purchase requests, relay tracking information, and any supplier delays associated.
- Assists management in acquiring the information needed for analyzing the performance and efficiency of the department.
- Posting A/P invoices daily.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a purchasing role.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal – verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows-based and Google-based office technologies
- Experience using eprocurement or inventory management software.
- You will be entering order requisitions daily into the purchasing and inventory program.
- Some orders will be placed through P&I program, others via phone or email.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, fax machines, copiers, scanners.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Medical and dental coverage
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Floating holiday time
- Pre-tax transit benefit
Here at Eschen/NEOPS, our mission is to help every patient live a life of full functionality and comfort. We treat our patients as if they were our own family and do everything in our power to fully support them in reaching their goals. Eschen Prosthetic and Orthotic Laboratories (Eschen)/New England Orthotics and Prosthetics (NEOPS) is comprised of the best orthotists and prosthetists in the country who are recognized across the nation as first class clinicians. This is why, unlike other providers, we are able to provide specialized services for a wide range of conditions.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.