Pacesetter Steel Service, Inc.
WE WANT YOU!
We hire the very best. And then they never leave.
Not many Organizations can honestly say they have the kind of Associate retention that Pacesetter has. More than half of our Associates have been with us over 10 years. The reason is very simple, we are family. We watch out for each other, care for each other, and truly go above and beyond for each other because we believe and trust in one another.
We thrive because we continuously seek the “best of the best” talent to join our team. People who lead by example, are passionate, results-oriented and driven to succeed. People who won’t settle for mediocrity, who always try to find a better way of doing things and who can easily adapt.
Pacesetter is seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals from any industry who would like to be a part of the Pacesetter Experience. We work hard and we play hard. Our culture is that of an extended family. Our People are Our Partners’ Advantage. Our focus is on finding the needs of our customer and fulfilling them, utilizing the experience and strengths of our specialized talent.
At the end of the day we are not just a steel supplier, but a partner who will provide the Ultimate Customer Experience and benefit our partner’s bottom line.
Act as the primary focus of contact between Pacesetter and our suppliers, including steel mills, coil coating companies, and other steel processing companies. Function as an advocate for Pacesetter’s customers, and work to issue, prioritize, and expedite purchase orders to these suppliers based on our customer requirements.
- Model the Pacesetter Way in daily job activities.
- Support and maintain the policies, procedures, and quality process of Pacesetter Steel Service, Inc.
- Provide a return on investment and a contribution to profitability.
- Accurate purchase order entry based on purchase requisitions, mill commitments, mill capabilities / preferences, customer specification requirements, logistics and service center or supplier constraints.
- For spot purchases, coordinate purchase and delivery of steel between business partner, logistics and incoming service center.
- Work with Transactional and Contract Inventory Analysts regarding discrepancies or inconsistencies with customer profiles as seen on buy log to ensure consistency on buys and quality of information on future buy requests.
- Expedite Purchase Orders from suppliers to make full truckload deliveries.
- Communicate with sales and/or customers to advise them of order status/issues as needed.
- Negotiate pricing as needed.
- Provide feedback to analysts regarding mill deliveries, paint runs, etc. to facilitate decision-making on inventory levels and usage.
- Efficient, timely, and accurate entry of order status and production results.
- Manage order changes with suppliers.
- Participate in gathering data for supplier measurement.
- Check order confirmations for accuracy and compliance with Pacesetter’s order requirements. Resolve discrepancies timely.
- Review daily inventory receipts to ensure compliance with our orders.
- Communicate with Sales and Inventory Analysts to advise them of order status as needed.
- Work with Operations to ensure product received is what was ordered in terms of quality, specifications, quantity, etc.
- Work with suppliers to prioritize production and shipment of our orders as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Investigate and suggest alternatives when late deliveries from suppliers are unavoidable.
- College degree in related field (supply chain or business), or comparable years of experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other computer software.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong mathematical skills and comfort level when using calculations.
- Strong customer service orientation with a courteous, professional and energetic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle several urgent matters simultaneously.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with our suppliers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Eager to continuously learn.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.