Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues – without the extensive demands of travel?
Work you’ll do
The MissionGraph team is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to help drive the stability and quality of our big data analysis product startup inside of Deloitte. The team is agile and adaptive, responding to technology change quickly and we need engineers comfortable with learning new concepts and tuning QA processes. We’re a close, small team of highly effective technologists; good communication skills and an attention to detail are key. If you love to solve problems in creative ways, we’d like to talk to you.
Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
The MissionGraph team is seeking a knowledgeable QA Engineering Lead to help drive growth within our product startup inside of Deloitte. The team is agile and adaptive, responding to technology change quickly, and needs engineers comfortable with learning new concepts on the job to become productive. We’re a close, small team of highly effective technologists. Good communication skills and an attention to detail are key. If you love to solve problems in creative ways, we’d like to talk to you.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or testing
- High proficiency in at least one language (preferably Node.js)
- Proficiency with at least one modern testing framework
- Experience generating and executing e2e test scripts for web applications
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience in DevOps pipelines and continuous integration tools
- Below is a (nearly comprehensive) list of technologies we use. An ideal candidate has some experience in **one technology from each category**.
- Testing Frameworks: Jest, Cypress, JUnit
- CI/CD: GitHub, SonarCloud, Jenkins X, Kubernetes
- Cloud Infrastructure (AWS/GCP/Azure): VMs, Object Storage, Container Registries, VPCs, networking, DNS, security tools, logging and monitoring
- Data Sources and pipelines: Cassandra and CQL, DataStax Graph or Janusgraph (with Gremlin), Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Kafka, StreamSets, Redis, PostgreSQL and SQL
- Tools: Jira, Confluence, Git, MacOS (Unix/Linux)
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience leading QA staff on testing process, documentation, and test execution
- Affinity for learning new technology and create problem solving with it
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.