ShopRite Supermarkets, Inc. (SRS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wakefern Food Corporation and currently operates 36 ShopRite stores and 3 fuel stations in two states throughout the Hudson Valley region. Guided by our Company’s Purpose to care deeply about people, helping them to eat well and be happy, SRS is committed to creating the very best guest experience, the welfare of the communities we serve, and the well-being of our associates.
SRS is seeking a Store Receiver to join our ShopRite of Oakland team! This position works closely with the Store Manager, Department Managers, and the company’s Receiving Supervisor to protect company assets, back room security, operating standards, and sanitation conditions. Reporting to the Store Manager this position is responsible to accurately and proficiently process all inbound product deliveries, timely and efficient merchandise billing, and the competent return and crediting of outbound product through the effective of company technology, standards and practices. The Security Receiver is accountable for clear and consistent communication to store management, department managers, associates, Receiving Supervisor, vendors, third party providers, and the parent-company on all receiving related information and issues.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Process accurately all in-bound product deliveries as per company policy using the identified technology and equipment.
- Unload deliveries following all safety procedure related to opening cartons and rotation of produce and verify counts as per company policy, follow-up on all shortages, damages and misbillings.
- Communicate all non-scannable items to the company’s Receiving Supervisor.
- Process all reclamation and vendor credits daily to maximize store profitability including special credits (such as Grocery, Health and Beauty, General Merchandise). Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines.
- Ensure daily timely processing and mailing of all invoices and paperwork.
- Maintain backroom security and conditions including cleanliness, neatness and safe work environment, keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Directly responsible for managing all vendors.
- Comply with company and governmental including OSHA and Hazardous Waste Programs.
- Oversee the operation and security of the compactor and baling systems. Compactor pick-ups should be arranged only when unit is completely filled.
- Utilize all equipment as required by department including Telzon, balers, Hi-Lo’s power jacks and box cutters. Ensure proper maintenance and safe use of equipment.
- Consistent collaboration and communication with Store Management, Department Managers, Associates, Receiving Supervisor, and Operations Support staff.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all store management, Associates, Receiving Supervisor, Asset Protection team, vendors, drivers and Wakefern partners.
- Model the Company’s Purpose with all activities and communication and demonstrate the foundations of customer focus through professionalism, commitment to service, reaching resolutions, making guests feel trusted, welcome, important, special and pleased.
- Ability read, write and speak English.
- Ability to perform basic Math Skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and to give directions.
- Ability to train people.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift, bend, stretch, push and pull wheeled equipment loaded with product. Occasionally required to sit.
- Ability to work in conditions that you are occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust substances, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must be 18 years or older and have the ability to operate machinery.
- Pallet Jack Certified or eligible to become certified for Pallet Jack Certification
- Hazardous Waste Certified or eligible to become certified in Hazardous Waste Certification
- Frequently lift or move product, supplies, equipment up to 50 pounds to various heights in locations throughout the store facilities.
- Occasionally lift or move product, supplies, equipment greater than 50 pounds as a team lift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
ShopRite Supermarkets, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Masks are optional, but everyone is encouraged to maintain social distancing regardless of vaccination status.
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Work Location: One location