Our Regional Safety Officer works with company regional and base level managers to promote a positive safety culture and enhance workplace safety. Our Regional Safety Officer conducts new-hire and recurrent training and is responsible for the company Safety Management System Internal Evaluation Program base auditor. This position also conducts event investigations and provides recommendations to company leadership for improvement.
This position is for New Mexico and Texas
- Conduct root cause analysis investigations and provides necessary recommendations on reports or allegations received from the various company reporting systems as assigned.
- Coordinates and works closely with regional; clinical, operations, and maintenance directors on a routine basis.
- Provide guidance to Base Safety Representatives (BSR) on safety related issues within their assigned region.
- Educate company personnel, vendors, and partners by communicating all aspects of corporate safety philosophy and initiatives.
- Measures company policies and regulatory compliance by conducting base audits and System Process Evaluations (SPE).
- Assign and monitor Corrective Action & Preventive Action (CAPA) plans for unsatisfactory findings during audits.
- Continually monitor regional operational activities to assist in identifying hazards, risks, and negative exposure to the operation.
- Assist in the facilitation of systems’ risk management (SRM) process with applicable disciplines.
- Assist with an analysis of operational activities, and providing a monthly overview report of the assigned region.
- Participate in base, regional, and corporate level safety meetings and conference calls as required.
- Serve as the regional leadership teams’ safety advisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two year Associate’s degree; B.S. degree (preferred)
- FAA Certification as a RW Commercial Instrument pilot or A&P Mechanic; Paramedic or RN
- 5 years experience as either: EMS rotor wing pilot; EMS rotor wing medical flight crewmember (Flight Paramedic or Flight Nurse); or rotor wing A&P mechanic
- Organizational auditing experience (preferred)
- Prior experience as an organizational safety representative (preferred)
- Frequent travel via air and ground
- Duties require the employee to regularly reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.