University of Maryland Capital Region
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
Full-time – Evening
UM Bowie Health Center, Bowie, MD
As the second busiest Trauma Centers in Maryland, we have transform from a two-bay to a five-bay Trauma Resuscitation Unit staffed with a multidisciplinary team ready to admit, resuscitate, stabilize and treat those whose lives are threatened by time-sensitive injuries.
The nursing staff maintains the highest level of critical care and resuscitation knowledge and skills and work collaboratively with a unified approach toward the care of the injured patient.
The Trauma Center at UMCAP is seeking experienced Registered Nurses with a desire to join our premier multidisciplinary team in our Emergency Department.
UM Capital Region Health is recruiting experienced Emergency Department RNs to join our award-winning team.
Are you ready to get back to your calling of patient care? To be respected by your peers and have your voice heard by your physicians? To regain your work-life balance and have time and resources to further your education? To be part of a cohesive team that gets to work on every cardiac case and be there with your patients from admission to discharge?
If you are ready to get back to the core mission of nursing and patient care, UM Capital Region Health wants to talk to you!
UM Capital Region Health is about to changeUP everything with the construction of UM Capital Region Medical Center, a new, state-of-the-art hospital facility in Largo, MD. On track to open in April of 2021, our new Medical Center will feature a dedicated Emergency Department which will be a center of excellence in heart care in Prince George’s County.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a small, cohesive team of experienced professionals.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Great Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Competitive salary
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement.
Meet our Chief Nursing Officer, Dr. Vanzetta V. James and learn more about nursing at UM Capital Region Health
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification.
- 1-2 years of Emergency Room experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.