Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Ensure that reference material (i.e., PDR’S, Federal and State Regulations, etc.) maintained at the nurses’ stations is current. Recommend written material that will assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day to day nursing procedures performed in this facility.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions to the Director.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing Services.
- Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge plan as required.
- Assist the Director in planning the nursing services portion of the resident’s discharge plan as necessary.
- Meet with the nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the department’s services, programs, and activities.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Interpret the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Nursing
- RN license in New Jersey
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.