Coosemans New York, Inc. a well-established importer and wholesaler of specialty produce located in the Hunts Point Produce Market, is looking to hire a Repacker. Coosemans New York has been in business for over 30 years and is a leader in the specialty produce industry.
- Willing to work in an environment that can be cold
- Ability to work in a rapid paced environment
- Ability to read and write basic English
- Ability to accurately count and add numbers
- Ability to use a scale to weigh product
- Basic Mathematic Skills
- Willing to comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Willing to work in a tobacco free, food and drink free environment
- Willing to work with co-workers as a team
- Background in warehousing or repacking produce or food processing.
- Experience with Repacking Produce
- Perform all duties related to repackaging of damaged (or other) product as business needs arise.
- Sort damaged product and either dispose of or repackage into good product per guidelines.
- Organize and maintain adequate inventory of vitals
- Communicate business needs with supervisor(s) as necessary.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Occasionally utilize hand tools and equipment
- Periodically handle product of 2 – 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.70 – $17.70 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- English (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.