RatPac Controls LLC
The Repair Technician will perform a multitude of roles in the manufacturing area, including, but not limited to, assuring the quality of dimmers coming in and out the warehouse for repairs by troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing, using the provided test procedures with instruments and tools provided to them. He or she will work with other members of the QC team and maintain a level of outgoing repairs that meets daily output and customer expectations. He or she will also be responsible for completing daily tasks assigned by their QC Lead.
Job Requirements: (Qualifications and/or skills)
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments. Test to include functionality of finished goods using calibrated testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning lighting controls and perform necessary repairs.
- Ensure quality of outgoing goods meet the company’s standards.
- Must wear appropriate ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) and PPE equipment such as an ESD smock, safety glasses, ear plugs (when applicable), and foot straps for ground protection.
- Provide progress reports to shift supervisors on a daily basis. This is to include other daily factors that may be needed from the individual such as checking in deliveries, making orders, testing equipment needed to go out, and some box to ship duties at times.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and documentation.
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools such as multi-meters, scopes, hand tools, and power tools
- General understanding of electrical power flow
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Ability to solder at the component level using various type of soldering methods.
Key Attributes for Success
- Punctual, Dependable, safety conscious and results driven
- Engaged and committed team professional
- Strong work ethic driven by amount of work needed
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Independent thinker and self-learner
- Attention to detail and a high quality worker
- Ability to balance competing priorities according to dates when units were received for repair or a priority set by the customer.
- Strong understanding of the equipment and tools that are used for the successful completion of essential job functions.
- Proficient communication skills to be used while speaking to clients via email, phone or in-person.
Qualifications and Education
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 2 or more years of hands on experience in the assembly of dimming controls and wireless DMX connectivity equipment (preferred)
- 1 year experience with ERP systems, SAP Business One experience a plus
- 2+ years using Microsoft Office (excel, word)
- – IPC-A-610 and/or IPC-J-STD-001 Certification (preferred)
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and the ability to talk and hear. Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 95 pounds with another team member. Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The description reflects management’s assignments of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Rat Pac Dimmers LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.