OAS-DART is recruiting for one (1) City Research Scientist II to function as a Research Data Analyst, who will:
- Provide analytical support in the areas of data reporting, data analysis, and internal audits for special projects created and designed to enhance the operational and administrative activities of HRA regarding program accountability and integrity.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of project management and data analysis regarding integrity concerns, including the research and development of innovative methods of data mining that will identify integrity and fraud issues for all of HRA.
- Work with the Family Independence Administration (FIA), the Medical Insurance and Community Services Administration (MICSA), and other areas of HRA to design, review and research exception reports that address integrity or fraud concerns.
- Conduct internal ad hoc inquiries into HRA’s various source systems and analyzing quantitative/qualitative data to locate vulnerabilities within the agency; providing proposals and suggestions in an effort to improve HRA’s overall accountability and integrity.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of data mining for DSS-AO. Perform trend analysis and prepare reports on trends. Maintain consistency and integrity of data collection; report concerns regarding data integrity.
- Provide analytical support to the Data Analytics Program Manager and other program areas under the DSS-AO umbrella in the areas of data reporting, data analysis, and internal audits.
- Understand and document project-specific source access mechanisms, detailed data flow and related transformation to specific targets. Assist with the design of alternative approaches for effective data integration
Minimum Qual Requirements
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least a master’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in “2” above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in “1” and “2” above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
- Experienced in data analytics with extensive knowledge of agency programs and system.
- Experience extracting, manipulating and analyzing data from large databases.
- Microsoft Excel, Project, Visio, and Access.
- Knowledge of SQL, OBIEE, Excel, Python, and R.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpretive and interpersonal skills.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DSS/HRA/DHS qualifies you as a public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
In addition, the Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services offers competitive salaries and the following benefits:
Generous Pension Plans (The New York Employees’ Retirement System).
401(k) and Roth 457 Retirement Savings Programs.
U.S. Savings Bonds Flexible Spending Program.
Health Benefits, Dental, Vision Coverage, Prescription Drug Program.
Training and Professional Development.
Opportunity for Scholarship; College Savings Program.
Paid Holidays and Generous Annual Leave.