Arc of San Diego
*1500 HIRING BONUS*
The Arc is the largest, most comprehensive provider of services to children and adults with disabilities in San Diego County. We are a diverse team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about serving and empowering children and adults to live their most fulfilling and independent lives.
We live by our Person First, Person Centered value system to create meaningful days for our clients and each other. In hiring, we look for candidates that are a strong fit with our culture, as well as bring the talent and experience required by the position. We offer a positive, team-oriented work environment with opportunity for professional growth and continuous learning, flexible hours, and the chance to make an impact on someone’s life.
We are looking for a caring and reliable professional to join our team of Residential Direct Support Professionals. You and your team provide care and training to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their own home – helping with dressing, bathing, cooking food, and transport to their daily activities, teaching them to adopt new skills and improve their independence. Together, you will also go on recreational outings, enjoying life out and about in the community.
Who you are:
- Come with a passion for excellence in helping others grow
- Have an educator mindset
- Take pride in being a reliable and relatable member of a team
- Invested in working with adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities
A typical day will include:
- Providing culturally appropriate direct support to residents using person-centered approaches and strategies that fully engage and include residents in each aspect of their daily life, have maximum choice and control, and gain independence. This can take many forms in home or community settings including:
- Support and motivation to reach individual goals and objectives.
- Engage and assist with personal care as well as meaningful activities that cater to the resident’s individual interest, preferences, and choices; teaching as necessary.
- Assistance with self-help needs including in the areas of grooming, hygiene, toileting, feeding and mobility as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid CA Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- No criminal convictions (felony or misdemeanor).
- Ability to pass drug test including all marijuana products.
We’d love it if you:
- Are passionate about helping to empower others to reach goals and plans
- Had 6 or more months of prior hands-on experience with persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Signing bonus
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Can you pass a background investigation that requires no criminal convictions, felony or misdemeanor, in your history?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CA Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.