Optimizes revenue from Emergency Department by reviewing records and assigning patient charges. Provides feedback related to missed charge opportunities and provides staff education as needed. Assigns selected charges for health system’s Observation encounters.
Formal Education Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing or a school accepted for candidacy status from an accrediting body
- Current license to practice registered nursing in the State of Ohio
Experience and Training Required:
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in the Emergency Department
- Experience with the billing process preferred
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to establish productive working relationships
- Ability to work productively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and financial records
- Analytical and problem solving skills for claim correction and account resolution
- Ability to make good decisions and think independently
- Working knowledge of computers, calculators, and other equipment used in a professional setting
- Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Level of Physical Demands:
- Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.