Glens Falls Hospital
Emergency Department Unit:
The Emergency Department has 46 treatment spaces including 32 monitored treatment spaces, seven dedicated to an internal Crisis Stabilization Unit, and four dedicated to a Behavioral Health.
Services provided but are not limited to: Evaluation and stabilization of acute/ urgent/emergent medical conditions as well as trauma, and chronic conditions. The ED also services the needs of our mental health population, acute crisis stabilization, sexual assault victims, extensive cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, and dental.
Position Summary: Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department
The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for management and delivery of patient care to assigned patients in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, and within the scope of practice delineated in the New York State Nurse Practice Act.
Emergency Department RN Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care
- Delegates/assigns responsibility as appropriate to others
- Serves as leader of the interdisciplinary team in collaboration with and under the direction of the attending physician.
- Focuses on completion of the nursing process including patient/family education and discharge planning.
- Understands and acts appropriately to ensure optimum use of all resources.
Emergency Department RN Benefits:
- Nursing Professional Advancement Program = earn up to $8k/year more.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Certification Bonus.
- RN Preceptor Compensation.
- Generous Shift Differentials between 10-30%.
- Schedule Flexibility for Working Students.
- Excellent Benefits and Earned Time Off (ETO) accrual for Vacation, Personal, and Holiday time.
- Earn Wellness Dollars per year to use towards GFH medical services
Emergency Department RN Qualifications:
- One year of medical-surgical or acute care/hospital nursing experience required.
Emergency Department RN Education:
- Graduation from a Registered Professional Nursing Program.
- Current license and registration to practice Registered Professional Nursing in New York State
- BLS Certification
Location: 100 Park Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801
Glens Falls Hospital Nursing
Glens Falls Hospital is proud to be a Magnet designated organization, joining only 8% of all hospitals in the United States to currently hold this distinction. Magnet Recognition is the gold standard for nursing excellence.
When you join Magnet Designated nursing excellence team, you will experience shared governance, engaged leadership, and skilled team members all in a family – like atmosphere.
“There is no limit to what can be achieved by a nursing workforce that is engaged and empowered to transform their practice environment. I am extremely proud to represent this remarkably talented, compassionate team of professional nurses.” – Donna Kirker Chief Nursing Officer
Primary Location: US-NY-Glens Falls
Job: Nursing – Registered Nurse
Job Type: Full-time
Scheduled Time of Shift (format example: 7a-7p, 8a-4:30p): 7am-7pm
Job Posting: Oct 2, 2021, 11:00:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.