Encompass Energy Services
Responsible for assisting with field surveying activities, including maintenance of survey equipment. Reports to the Party Chief. Keeps abreast of the latest surveying methods and recommends revisions to the surveying procedures to the Party Chief as identified.
- Must learn the understanding of rod person duties and responsibilities. Work requires the application of surveying practices and equipment utilization
- Duties include the use of all tapes and rods for measuring and marking horizontal and vertical distances of objects such as buildings, roads, pipes and other topographic features. Work may also include clearing brush, digging for monumentation, marking and driving stakes and obtaining pipe invert measurements
- Duties may include operating a metal detector
- The rod person may be required to remove manhole cover to determine elevations and sizes of pipes
- Duties may include entry level operation of electronic total station and electronic data collection
- Rod person should learn the operations of the instrument during the course of their position as rod person
- Holds level or sight rod plumb and steady at points designated by the Party Chief. This would be for topographic data collection or control and boundary monumentation location. Setting up of tripods with back-sights and for-sights is requires. This includes proper plumbing and leveling of the tripod and prism assembly
- May be required to serve as a flagman in heavy traffic.
- Maintain various equipment, vehicles, and storage buildings as may be necessary assigned. Cleans and cares for survey instruments and tools including security of all survey equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Must be willing to travel
*Background checks may be required to work on certain projects*
Encompass Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This position requires that you are eligible to work in the United States. Encompass Services, LLC will not sponsor visa applications for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.