The Hyatt House DIA is a wonderful 123 all-suites hotel that evoke all the comforts of home with a team you will just fall in love with! It is ideally located for exploring the Mile High City while staying close to the airport. We are committed to making you feel as part of a culture and not just an employee.
Hyatt House Denver Airport offers multiple benefits to our employees including, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending account, short and long turn disability, paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, discounted hotel stays, etc.
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do—it is really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!
Cleans and prepares guest rooms by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times. Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
- Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
No formal education or training
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. continually throughout a shift.
- Must be able to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout a shift.
- Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a shift.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
- Ability to identify minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer print-outs.
- Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment.
- Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of shift.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.