Omega West Logistics
We are a family owned transportation delivery company, that has operated for over 30 years. We specialize in parcel and Mail delivery. We have serviced northern California since 1983.
This Position is for a route supervisor. You will drive a company vehicle and be responsible for overseeing our Various delivery sites. You will supervise existing drivers and train new employees as needed.
We are looking to hire someone with a clean driving record, reliable transportation, works well with others. You will serve as a backup box truck and delivery driver when needed.
As a route supervisor your responsibility is to ensure that our drivers are following company and customer policies. You will be responsible for making sure route are being completed in a safe and timely manner and standard of service is being met.
· Monday- Saturday and must be able to stay until all routes have been completed and employees have returned. Available to work weekends as needed.
· Ability to perform the physical labor aspect of the job as necessary, be willing and able to do the same work that the Drivers do when short-staffed.
· Lift 75+ lbs. bulk items repetitively.
· Push and pull 600+ lbs. wheeled bins.
Be able to operate a 26ft box truck safely
Responsibilities and essential duties
Manage the day-to-day delivery objective to 100% compliance of the goals set forth.
Manages driver time and attendance, minimizing overtime.
Assist management with hiring new drivers.
Maintaining employee files (write up’s, contact info etc.)
Route review (ghost rides, GPS audit Reports, meeting with customer, Conducting driver meetings.
Assist on routes when needed.)
· Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identify problem areas and take corrective actions.
· Appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
· Maintain employee timecards and employee notes.
· Handle administrative tasks for the office.
Monitors productivity, service, and safety for each route and driver.
Report directly to management.
High School diploma or General education degree
Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
Clean DMV record.
Be at least 21 years of age.
2-4 years related experience and / or training in transportation and / or delivery field.
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Must always be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and be available to address operational issues by phone.
Must be able to pass drug test and criminal background check.
Our Benefits program
The Perks eligible after 90 days
Kaiser Health Care Benefits after 90 days
Monthly pay with Direct Deposit available
Paid Vacation & Holiday
Paid Sick leave
Phone accessory and phone Bill discounts
35 hrs per week
1 position available at each site San Rafael
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Box truck: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.