Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
RS Aircraft Technician II – Van Nuys – First Shift in GAC Van Nuys
Education and Experience Requirements
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.) .
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians. .
- Protect customer property (PTP).
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility. .
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use. .
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk. .
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 195240
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 08/05/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world’s most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.