The Muse is a values-based job search platform used by over 70 million people annually to connect with companies and find a career that matches their values. Founded in 2011, we were named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. We have a highly diverse userbase of Millennial & Gen Z jobseekers who we help connect with companies as wide-ranging as Apple, Nike and the FBI, on the strength of those companies’ values, cultures, and employee experiences. Our users come to TheMuse.com for original career advice from prominent experts, access to the best coaches, and a behind-the-scenes look at job opportunities. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
We’re hiring Sales Development Representatives to support our new business Sales team. As an SDR, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our business and help redefine the way companies hire. Our SDRs are often the first point of contact for our potential customers, so you’ll be responsible for representing The Muse brand and making a positive impression that sets the tone for the entire customer lifecycle. You’ll also become an expert in our business and products as you prepare yourself for the next step in your sales career.
This position is based in NYC and candidates need to be able to work in NY.
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll manage and qualify inbound leads
- You’ll research companies and approach potential customers through a targeted selling strategy encompassing calling, email, social engagement, and events
- You’ll articulate and evangelize The Muse’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industry verticals
- You’ll drive revenue by setting sales meetings for Account Executives
- You’ll collaborate with our Marketing team on lead gen for events
- You’ll leverage a robust sales tech stack including Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Apollo.io, Chorus, and ZoomInfo
Why we’ll love you
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience with time spent in a sales, recruiting, or lead gen role. If you are a recent grad, please make your 1+ years of sales experience clear in your resume or cover letter to be considered
- You’re passionate about a career in sales
- You’re extremely competitive and have an insatiable hunger to win
- You’re naturally curious and have a strong desire to learn about the sales process, the people and companies you’re prospecting, The Muse business and products, and the employer branding and recruitment technology space
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
- You’re not easily discouraged and always maintain a positive attitude
- You’re passionate about testing, measuring, and improving outreach effectiveness
- You enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help that team succeed
Why you’ll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have are taking all necessary precautions for employees and visitors to the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Sales Lead Generators & Telemarketers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location