This position will support the Research Leaders and Funders Portfolio Squad. This squad focuses on delivering compelling portfolio messaging, value propositions and go-to-market strategies to drive accelerated business outcomes. The Portfolio squad is responsible for bringing is the voice of research leaders, funders, and policymakers to the Research Intelligence segment, helping solve customer pain points as their trusted partner in increasing research performance through effective research management and evaluation for research organizations.
Focusing on key research intelligence segments and persona, this role has a sales enablement focus, preparing sales to effectively create opportunities, articulate value propositions and deploy compelling arguments throughout customer buying journey.
The marketer will translate Research Intelligence portfolioand solution messaging, value propositions, and other relevant material into compelling content assets, learning programs, data insights and tools for customer-facing professionals. S/he is also responsible for the curation and delivery of Sales-facing content, and ensuring effective communications between Marketing and Sales on marketing updates via sales enablement communication channels.
The Sales Enablement Marketer is expected to develop domain expertise in the Research Intelligence segment, with a focus on specific solution knowledge to be determined by the Squad. They will be highly collaborative, interacting with stakeholders such as Acquisition, Customer Engagement, Regional and Content Marketers, Sales Reps, Front-Line Managers, Product Managers, Sales Operations and Learning & Performance staff, to strategize and implement Sales Enablement priorities.
Main activities and Responsibilities
Creation & delivery of sales enablement content
- Working with portfolio marketers to convert key messaging set into sales enablement content in support of new business, cross-sell and upsell, and customer retention
- Drive harmonization of the type of content created across the solutions and segments
- Identify ways to make the content more accessible and discoverable via platforms such as Highspot and Salesforce (including identifying tools and technologies to do so)
Deliver solution modules within the learning program (in-person or virtual for Global meetings)
- Informed by key stakeholders in marketing and adjacent teams (e.g. product), this person will work with the Learning and Performance team (who sit with Sales Operations) to design and develop training programs by assessing key training objectives by sales role, ensuring alignment with Research Intelligence segment business objectives, solution objectives (key commercial releases) and sales objectives
- Streamline and manage marketing updates with sales via Highspot – including the upload and management of assets, the communication of awareness messaging (e.g. new releases) and the process of getting structured feedback from the field
- Ensure communications are consistent, concise and relevant to Sales needs – focusing on sales stages and covering areas such as impact by persona, potential customer sensitivities, competitors etc. Communications should also reflect key developments around relevant life science solutions, including major releases and renewal readiness
- Elicit and disseminate sales feedback on content and efforts to the rest of the Group
By preference, the Sales Enablement Marketer will be based in the US (Eastern Time Zone), the UK (London area), or The Netherlands (Amsterdam area).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in scientific research at a master level or above
- Experience with sales enablement, developing sales content and/or developing sales training programs, or in an actual research or life science-based sales role, is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including content creation
- Previous experience of, or employment within, the research intelligence segment is a plus – e.g. university research office, bibliometrics, grants analyst etc.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on
Please read our
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.