Sales Incentive Manager-Finance
RSD North America & Emerging Markets
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our Finance teams are essential to our business and functional teams to make educated, sound decisions that drive our Mission and make us a stable and trusted industry leader. From Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales Incentive Administration, Tax, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development to Accounting, our Finance functions have a diverse and global presence, providing significant opportunities to develop unique career experiences and perspectives. Ranked #95 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list and with revenues of more than $35 billion, you’ll discover endless opportunities to grow a rewarding career as part of the world leader serving science.
How you will make an impact:
The North American & Emerging Markets region is a Research and Safety business within the Customer Channels Group, which offers choice and convenience through a myriad of products and services serving numerous end markets. Primary office at Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
Our Sales Compensation department is responsible for providing oversight and support for our fast-paced, innovative and global sales teams. By leading activities such as product and account level forecasting, performance development and incentive design and that will help shape the commercial success of our business areas for senior leaders and the sales teams. You will develop a robust skill set as part of this fast-paced function by interacting with a broad number of internal business partners and building organizational capabilities to drive profitability & customer satisfaction. The work of this team is dynamic with high visibility and impact to our diverse customers, providing you with an exciting opportunity to gain valuable regional and global experiences and professional growth.
What you will do:
- Manages and develops variable incentive plans for sales representatives and sales management across multiple global business units (Research and Safety North America, EU, Healthcare Market Division). Contribute to annual business planning process aligning compensation plan performance to divisional AOP.
- Subject Matter Expert of daily updating online reporting tool for Incentive detail and performance for all sales employees to ensure integrity of the sales compensation system and aligning compensation to the division goals.
- Define and manage the daily duties, performance and development of Sales Compensation Analyst in maintaining accurate employee updates, performing validation activities on a monthly basis to detect and correct any discrepancies or anomalies in org structure, P&L crediting, accounts, etc. Analyze and adjust transactions to ensure accuracy per plan eligibility guidelines.
- Collaborate as the lead consultant with IT to institute any necessary changes to pay based on primary and secondary roles, as well as system enhancements and updates to incentive compensation system including testing and validation.
- Collaborate with business leaders to share insights and drive improved outcomes, partnering with functional teams to drive equitable administration of the compensation plans.
- Consultant for sales team executives; subject matter expert on impact of ongoing plan modifications to sales employees. Analyze and provide insight to trends within territories such as new vendors, accounts, or product lines..
- Utilize large financial datasets to build predictive models and lead on exploratory data analysis for complex business / data and problem solving
- Creates and develops training for the sales team based on reporting tool changes and enhancements.
- Embrace change and apply a continuous process improvement mindset: consider new ways to analyze business data and results
- Hire, lead, coach, strengthen and develop the team to enable professional and technical growth as well as talent retention
How you will get here:
Education Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance field
5+ years of relevant working experience including prior people leadership exposure
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Prior experience within commercial FP&A
- Strong financial acuity, including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Data management experience and the ability to manage large sets of data and accurate reports
- Highly analytical and possess a strong business sense
- Organized multitasker: you prioritize your workload, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment,
- Strong team-building skills working with a diverse group of people, even if geographically dispersed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate analysis and recommendations in a concise informative manner
- Able to deliver high-quality effective presentations to communicate complex topics
- Excellent skills with MS Excel are required; Oracle, HFM/CMR, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) are preferred.
- Self-motivated, higher level of flexibility, and strong work ethic with the goal to get the job done
- Continuous Improvement: Identify process and control gaps and champion improvement initiatives through Practical Process Improvement (PPI)
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Less than 10% domestic/international travel required
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.