About Savory: Savory is a corporate catering and full event services company with a mission to elevate the experience, making it fresher and more reliable. Savory is a fast-paced environment focused on quality food experiences and hospitality excellence. We are based in the heart of New York City, offering culinary programs that include meeting catering, office-wide meals, receptions, onsite amenities, and events. We know and understand the key issues facing corporate dining, and we have the best solutions. Our custom 10,000 square foot commissary located in Bryant Park allows us to minimize your onsite back of house needs, resulting in food service that is nimble, lightweight, and cost-efficient. Our rapid growth has prompted us to seek qualified individuals that will be a positive addition to our tight-knit family and help shape the future of Savory.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exuberant Sales Manager to join the team. Our ideal candidate is an events pro and a natural born salesperson who brings it all to life for our clients. The Sales Manager will develop creative ways to maximize profit, achieve and supersede set revenue goals, and support the NYC market’s financial, business, and marketing objectives for meetings and corporate events. In addition, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and nurturing existing business as well as soliciting new businesses. Other essential duties include selling, contracting, planning all details start to finish, and servicing these fantastic clients and events in a hospitable manner.
- Conduct sales visits and tastings while maintaining good working relationships with existing and new clients, including but not limited to meeting planners, venue managers, corporate events team, and third-party planners.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and prospect communication as required.
- Maintain and track prospect database of contacts and sales activity.
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs, and communicate effectively both with the client and within the organization.
- Attend multiple monthly industry networking events and/or continuing education programs to better develop the individual and company.
- Collaborate daily with the operations and culinary team to exceed client expectations and maximize sales revenue.
- Research and quantify new leads.
- Keep up with menu options and services; continuously upsell services.
- Ability to build and foster relationships internally and with clients.
- Ability to understand and track financial data.
- Passionate about hospitality and food & beverage with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in restaurant event sales.
- Outreach skills
- Communicate with customers, make outbound calls to potential customers, and follow up on leads
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Teams
- Experience with flex catering software is a plus
In addition to a magnificent work environment, our talented team enjoys:
- Competitive salary, plus commission
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K matching program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and transit enrollment
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.