DESCRIPTION OF TEAM MEMBER’S JOB DUTIES
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Sanitation Clerk is responsible for maintaining an internal and external warehouse and office areas clean. Will clean in and around RPI building as set forth by company standards and procedures, being consistent with health department regulations.
- Smile and greet all vendors and fellow team members while using the six steps of delivering extraordinary customer service.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and believing in RPI’s core values which are customer service, commitment, integrity, respect, humility, and teamwork.
- Lift and move cases of ordered supplies and stock in designated areas.
- Clean restrooms (2) twice daily and replenish supplies in restrooms.
- Place cleaning supply order with the designated person.
- Operate equipment such as an electric pallet jack and floor scrubber.
- Sweep and scrub all areas in warehouse with scrubbing machine.
- Dump all office and warehouse trash in compactor.
- Complete daily checklist for scrubber and electric pallet jack.
- Clean all spills in a timely manner.
- Perform routine painting as necessary.
- Bale all loose cardboard and plastic.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced refrigerated environment.
- Must work well with others.
- Maintain Company standards of the department’s image, including safety/housekeeping.
- Comply with all health code/CAL OSHA regulations ensuring the highest standards of food safety, personal hygiene and sanitation as per company policy.
- Comply with local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations
- Notify all unsafe acts, conditions, equipment, injuries and complaints, immediately to the Director, Supervisor, Shift Lead, and/or HR/Safety Compliance Specialist.
- Follow and promote Company safety policies by ensuring that you are trained and certified to use Material Handling Equipment safely.
- Work safely and be aware of co-workers and vendors’ safety at all times.
- Abide by all RPI’s policies and procedures as stated in the company team member handbook, memorandums and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Treat co-workers and customers respectfully at all times. Do not use obscene and/or profane language.
- Foster teamwork and help train those in the department, when necessary.
- Keep key personnel advised of whereabouts at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Basic understanding of the English language; reading, writing, and speaking.
- Basic understanding of the Spanish language; reading, writing, and speaking are a plus but not required.
- Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
- Must have a positive attitude towards safety, and be committed to follow all health and safety regulations and/or policies to ensure the well-being of oneself, fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Experience working in a Food Distribution environment is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass Material Handling Equipment Certification after job offer.
- Must work in a cold refrigerated environment where temperatures can be as low as 33 degrees.
© Vallarta Supermarkets
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.