This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Advancing safety of the world’s medicines is our mission and as the field of biological medicine continues to evolve, we too must adapt our Testing Services to enable our customers to get life changing medicines to patients quickly & safely.
The Development Services function is responsible for:
- Evaluating technological advancements to seed a pipeline of future Services
- Adapting our Service capabilities to meet industry needs and
- Ensuring the scientific integrity & regulatory compliance of the Services we provide
As a Scientist 1your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new and innovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide support for the day-to-day operation of the facility and to contribute to the timely execution of MDS projects for our customers as well as internal projects. You will liaise closely with laboratory management and other departments to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will be responsible for performing study management responsibilities for custom testing in accordance with all SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP). You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance projects to completion.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform assays/ testing to GMP compliance for a laboratory within Biologics
- This position may have Study Director responsibilities
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for specific defined area(s) of business
- Applies laboratory techniques and skills to complete experiments designed to address a variety of specific problems
- Independently applies basic and advanced scientific principles in the design of experiments and the development of assays
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e., Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS,BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned
- Writes technical reports for internal use and collaborates on papers for external use
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Acts as key driver/ champion on project teams
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 1+ years working laboratory experience, specifically with molecular techniques – OR –
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 3+ years working laboratory experience, specifically with molecular techniques – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 6+ years working laboratory experience, specifically with molecular techniques.
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations /seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact
855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 250903
Career Level: C – Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact
855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information .
Job Segment: R&D, Research Scientist, Chemistry, Laboratory, Developer, Research, Science, Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.