Thermo Fisher Scientific
Work Location: San Francisco, CA
- This position is ONLY available at the San Francisco, CA site
Group: Pharma Services Group
Division: Pharma Services
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Organization: Advanced Therapies – Cell Therapy
Thermo Fisher Scientific is making a significant investment in the dynamic and rapidly growing Cell Therapy space. Our Cell Therapy organization within the Pharma Services Group, is one of the fastest growing areas of Thermo Fisher Scientific. That being said, we have begun to build and operate a 44,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art cell therapy collaboration center on the UCSF Mission Bay campus. Expected to open in late 2022, the facility will serve as a central location where customers and UCSF researchers will have access to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s broad portfolio of solutions and clinical and commercial cGMP cell therapy manufacturing services, along with associated technology development support to UCSF and other partners. In the Cell Therapy group, we focus on providing development and clinical scale services for gene and non-gene modified cell processing for a variety of unmet medical needs.
How will you make an impact?
With guidance, you will apply technical skills to conduct experiments and studies to support our clients’ cell therapy needs and to assist in meeting the goals of the Cell Therapy group. Your experience and understanding of analytical design and development to establish new analytical methods and standard procedures for cell therapy product characterization will be utilized for collaborative planning, executing, and troubleshooting experiments, and assisting with other lab activities.
What will you do?
- Support efforts for development, validation and execution of a variety of analytical methods including but not limited to FLOW cytometry, PCR/ddPCR, ELISA-based, and cytotoxicity assays
- Support the technology transfer of analytical methods to QC and assist QC with analytical method qualification and validation
- Support Quality Control and Quality Assurance as necessary and participate in the technical assessment of Out of Specification and Non-Conforming investigations
- Author and review technical documents such as methods, qualification/validation protocols and reports
How will you get here?
- BS or MS in immunology, cell/molecular biology or related biological sciences; MS preferred; PhD is ideal; Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered
- 3+ years of relevant cGMP experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience in immunology, cell/molecular biology
- 3+ years of industry experience in analytical development of cell-based assays required
- Aseptic cell culture processing (T cells, NK cells, CAR-T, or Stem Cells) in ISO 5 biosafety cabinets while using universal precautions for handling of human-derived materials preferred
- Experience in viral or non-viral genetic modification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of cGMP practices
- Cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Excellent MS Office skills
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.