ACTS Aviation Security
Join a Global Leader in Aviation Security!
Starting pay $18.00/Hour + Free Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employee Only!
We have an immediate opening for Security Agents at Newark Liberty International Airport in Newark, New Jersey..
Established in 2001, ACTS-Aviation Security has grown to become one of the leading providers of security solutions to the US aviation market. ACTS-Aviation Security, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the international security company ICTS Europe and specializes in the provision of security solutions and services; primarily focused on catering, aircraft and cargo screening. With corporate offices in Chicago and Atlanta, and operational centers at more than 30 airports across the United States, ACTS provides nationwide coverage. As an ICTS Europe subsidiary, ACTS offers unmatched experience, expertise, quality and innovation. ACTS Security Agents are proud of their role in aviation security and have the opportunity for advancement – the ideal place to build a career in aviation security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Inspects airline equipment and checks for any unauthorized items.
- Screens cargo using equipment/method designated by customer and according to customer’s specifications.
- Performs aircraft monitoring, passenger wanding and gate guarding according to customer’s specifications.
- Observes and monitors unit activity and facility surroundings when not performing inspection/validation duties.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Reports to Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager, depending on size of unit.
- Activities overseen by Lead or Senior Lead, depending on size of unit.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have New Jersey Security Officer Certification
- New employees required to complete an FBI fingerprint check (SIDA Badge) and a confirmed 10-year background check (10 year listed; 5 year verified)
- Must hold a New Jersey state security license.
- Not have been convicted of any of the listed FAA Disqualifying Crimes;.
- Ability to bend, push, and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
- US Citizen
- Must be Covid-19 Vaccinated
- Possess written and oral communication skills in English.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Works non standard work hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust – keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused – the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit – integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
ACTS-Aviation Security is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.