BJMC Global is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business specializing in general management consulting services and facilities support services. Over the past 2 decades, we’ve designed, managed, and delivered complex, challenging projects throughout the world, including in post-disaster environments, in active war zones, and in some of the world’s most remote and austere locations.
BJMC Global is currently seeking experienced and qualified Senior CAD Design Specialists to support our team working on a Department of Energy (DOE) project in the United States. We’re looking for designers who can overcome challenges and complete projects in any environment. This role will work closely with our engineering team and must have a working knowledge of federal (including DOE), state, and local codes and standards applicable to specialized engineering design (nuclear and other areas).
If you’re someone who can take direction, but doesn’t always need to be told what to do, then we want to hear from you.
– Proficiency in computer aided design (CAD) with demonstrated experience with computer aided drafting applications to originate and produce drawings with minimum supervision.
– 3D modeling experience required (S3D preferred).
– Read, interpret and generate design drawings with minimal input from a member of the engineering staff.
– Must have the ability to walk down field systems with minimal guidance, interpret field direction, generate minor design details, create new drawings, modify existing drawings, and direct junior drafters.
– Must have a minimum of an associates degree in a field related to the position and a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in drafting related to Engineering and Construction (nuclear preferred).
– Background and experience must include drafting/ designer experience in engineering fields, such as electrical, mechanical, structural, communications, architectural, fire protection or civil.
– Must be good team players and able to work well with others in pursuit of accomplishing program objectives.
– Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Professional licenses and certifications are a plus.
– Candidate (remote workers) must be willing to attend initial training period at field office and comply with monthly or bimonthly field office visits, if necessary.
– DOE requires that all workers on this project must be U.S. citizens.
– Must pass background investigation and drug screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should provide a current resume clearly describing relevant past experience. Our onboarding team will review your resume and if you meet the qualifications and requirements of the position, we’ll contact you to discuss next steps.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 – $75.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Are you authorized to work on this project per the Department of Energy (DOE) requirement that all staff must be U.S. Citizens?
- Do you have, at minimum, an Associates Degree in a relevant field and at least 10 years of drafting/CAD experience?
- Have you previously worked on a Department of Energy (DOE) or National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) project or facility?
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.