Mosaix Group, Inc.
Senior Event Manager / Meeting Planner
Growing Corporate Event Management Company has an opening for an EXPERIENCED Event Manager / Senior Meeting Planner This person will be primarily responsible for providing comprehensive project management for meetings and events of all types and sizes including but not limited to National Meetings, Advisory Board Meetings, Incentive Trips, Product Launches, etc. This position is also responsible for interacting with clients on the development, coordination, and implementation of meetings/events from inception through completion by performing the assigned duties.
- Experience in planning meetings, conferences, or events ranging in size from 10 to 10,000 attendees
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and driven to succeed in a sales atmosphere. Great at relationship building and follow through. An outgoing personality is a must.
- Comfortable in presenting to multiple clients and suppliers as needed as well as giving direction to staff and suppliers.
- Previous experience with corporate event management, transportation management, or travel-industry-related sales is imperative for this position. This is not an entry-level position.
- Experience with hotel procurement and contracting.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook.) applications as well as general technology is an asset to this potion. Please detail if you have experience with Cvent, Monday, Salesforce, Zoho, or other industry-related software.
- Excellent multi-tasker in a fast-paced event management environment and self-motivated.
- 8+ years of professional diverse meeting management experience. More experience preferred. Please do not apply if you do not have 5 years of direct experience.
- Up to date on current trends in the meetings industry including software and technology.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events and has excellent foresight in relation to logistics and meetings/event needs.
- Experienced at negotiating and building partnerships with vendors. Must feel comfortable in negotiating pricing, space, and other needs.
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Experience with the management of Cvent and Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk.
- Experience in managing event staff and employees.
- Have a good sense of humor – yes. A good sense of humor always makes for a more positive work experience (and we put this in here to see if people really read the descriptions)
- Work on multiple national meetings, large-scale conferences, and events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Create and send event marketing communications via email, web, print
- Send and track correspondence with speakers and sponsors/exhibitors
- Coordinate creation of event publications and syllabus materials
- Prepare BEO information with event venues
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings
- Create and manage budgets and collection of registration, sponsorship income, and exhibit fees
- Work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with exhibitors/sponsors and vendors
- Create/design event materials and signage. Work in collaboration with designers when needed.
- Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation. Manage event budget and report on status at weekly meetings.
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
Salary: Based on experience and merit
Type: Full-time with benefits
Benefits: Health benefits, FSA, Cell Phone Allowance, Vacation / Sick Leave, 401K
Each team member is a vital part of the amazing event management process! At Mosaix Group, we believe that each person and every position matters; everyone contributes to our success!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.