GE Power Portfolio
Job Description Summary
The Senior SMR Mechanical Systems Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. This is a technical position that integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization and requires long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy of the business and manages complex issues within the Systems Engineering area.
- Responsible for systems engineering activities that support BWR fleet’s reactor islands as well as advanced liquid metal reactor (ALMR) concepts and designs.
- These activities span a wide range of technical disciplines including mechanical thermal, mechanical structural, controls, parts, motors, and components for NSSS, nuclear heat supply, fuel handling, control rod, primary and intermediate heat transport, and balance of plant systems for existing and new reactor plant designs.
- Develop process flow diagrams and perform thermodynamic and heat/fluid flow transfer
- Be a key member of the Systems Engineering leadership team and specifically responsible for all technical and engineering deliverables needed to support Parts, AMS, Field Services, and New Plants P&L’s. Contribute to plant safety evaluations, including those performed to support power uprate, MUR, MELLLA+ and other asset enhancement project applications.
- Plan / develop technical and management processes to improve both team and customer productivity
- Liaise with customers either on or off site as necessary, in partnership with a Project Manager
- Responsible for analysis and design work supporting requirements specifications
- Interface with cross-functional teams and departments to complete these tasks
- Improve areas of project execution and department management through Six Sigma methodology
- Support development efforts for both new products and new technology
- Responsible to undertake the necessary corrective and preventive actions resulting from Quality non-compliance monitoring and audit programs
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives, such as Lean Action Work Outs (LAWO)Work on BWRX-300 technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an engineering role.
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing process flow diagrams and perform thermodynamic and heat/fluid flow transfer
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering
- Relocation to Wilmington, NC is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
The salary range for this position is $106k-155k. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote – This is a remote position
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.