Servers at Mel’s should be quick thinkers who possess the ability to simultaneously be creative and inherently hospitable, infinitely curious and most importantly kind. Servers must possess leadership skills, be personable with guests and be able to anticipate their needs- working with a warm, knowledgeable & noticeably appreciative demeanor. It is the responsibility of the Server to coordinate dining room activities to achieve the restaurant’s common goal of guest satisfaction. The Server must be able to cooperate with Managers and co-workers. Servers are responsible for providing guests with the highest possible service standards, complete sales and service of food, beverages, & experience. Above all, the Server must always lead by example.
At Mel’s we value our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming work culture. We believe in a ‘whole house’ mentality and we expect all departments (Pastry, Savory, Dining Room, and Facilities) to support and motivate each other to achieve our goal of guest satisfaction. As an employee, you will interact with all of these departments regularly and should be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with your co-workers & managers.
Mel’s is anticipated to open in February 2022.
This is a full time position and requires flexible schedule availability: including nights, weekends and lunches. The restaurant will be closed for Thankskgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Our restaurants offer access to insurance enrollments (must maintain 25 hours per week), no cost life insurance, a short term disability policy, an Employee Assistance Program (with access to free mental health counseling), 40% dining discounts at group restaurants, referral bonuses, and more!
- Must have 2 years + experience in a fast paced NYC restaurant as a Server
- Must be able to lift & a carry at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
- Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
- Must have full schedule availability
- Must be able to take constructive criticisms and work well in a team dynamic
- Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
- Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable, attentive wine service for our guests
- Act professional and accommodating and always maintain composure
- Identify and report problems to management immediately
- Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs
- Implement and follow steps of service
- Oversee activities of your team in the station
More detail about Mel’s part of Radicle Hospitality