Stonewall – Apartment Community – Charlotte, NC
Monday through Friday, Some Weekends
Skilled Labor – Trades
The Service Manager’s role is to ensure that the physical aspects of the property meet company standards for safety and appearance within budgeted financial parameters. This individual must focus on team leadership by providing a supreme example, delegating, supervising and identifying training needs for the staff while encouraging a positive and productive work environment. The Service Manager must embrace the concepts of Northwood Ravin Customer Service expectations as well as personal and team accountability.
The Service Manager has direct authority over all service team members in conjunction with the Community Manager.
- Complete regular community inspections with regards to the curb appeal, risk management and document as required.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment and systems to ensure longevity and optimum performance.
- Maintain inventory/supplies so that team members can function efficiently and minimize pending service requests due to not having standard items on site.
- Schedule and oversee any third party vendor/contractor to ensure that scopes of work are completed according to expectations and contract in a timely manner.
- Work with Community Manager and Directory of Facilities to identify any special replacements/projects/CAPEX needs and formulate and execute solutions.
- Standardize and ensure quality control on make readies/models and common areas.
- Keep ONESITE software updated as units are scheduled and turned.
- Report any maintenance issues or safety concerns to the Manager.
- Comply with environmental operating and emergency procedures.
- Create and/or update emergency contingency plan and maintain a document on site in the event of a crisis/catastrophe such as fire, flood, etc.
- Snow/Ice removal as needed (or communicate as needed to any 3rd party involved in snow/ice removal.
- Delegate and complete service requests in the order that they are received and complete the requests in the ONESITE software to maintain accurate reporting records.
- Code and process any invoices related to Maintenance in a timely manner and negotiate with vendors to guarantee best rates possible. This includes re-bidding turn vendors on an annual basis (minimum.)
- Operate Pools/Hot tubs/Saunas etc. and maintain on a daily basis to ensure the safety of residents and update records as required by Municipality.
- Trouble shoot all systems on a property from mechanical, carpentry, plumbing and electrical and make recommendations to site manager in the event a third party contractor is needed.
- Must be accessible 24/7 for on call or on call support for other team members.
- Must be familiar with OSHA requirements as they pertain to site and adhere to procedures.
- Computer skills including use of email and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (or an ability and desire to learn)
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written skills)
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong decision making skills
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- High School degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- HVAC Certified
- CPO Certified
- Must be available to be on call
- Successfully pass a drug screen
- Valid Driver’s License
- ONESITE system experience
- 3+ years experience in a multifamily industry
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.