- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using hand truck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
You’ll need to have:
- excellent customer service skills
- strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- the ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- self-motivation and ambition
- enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- good organizational skills
- energy and stamina, as well as resilience
- a results-driven approach to work
- decision-making and problem-solving skill
- must be bilingual
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Paterson, NJ 07514: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Shipping & Receiving Clerks: 5 years (Required)
- Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- English and Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.