Site Reliability Engineer – Product Team,you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel.If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing extensive travel, and provides you with a full career path within the firm.
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Perform deep dives on complex system issues ranging from software bugs, hardware failures to network issues.
- Continue to automate, scale, and manage cloud infrastructure
- Work with team to establish service level objectives and monitor to ensure the objectives are met
- Execute automation for known cloud-operations tasks, and create new automation for new situations or issues you encounter; automate everything
- Collaborate with a great team to maintain, monitor, and improve amazing cloud-based-applications that solve real-world problems for end users
- Facilitate blame-free root cause analysis meetings in the event of a production-systems incident so that the team can learn from mistakes and improve our systems and run books
- Be Vigilant about security and adhere to best practices to secure our cloud infrastructure and real-time platform
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- Must be located in the Pacific Time zone
- Must be willing to relocate to commuting distance of Culver City, CA or Mountain View, CA or Seattle, WA
- Communication Skills – Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Shell Scripting – Advanced Level
- Docker & Kubernetes – Intermediate to Advance Level
- Messaging – Kafka – Intermediate to Advance Level
- Caching – Redis – Intermediate to Advance Level
- Linux Admin – System Administration & Network Configuration)
- Debugging & Troubleshooting (Application) production performance issues – Intermediate
- Cloud Native Monitoring & Admin Tools (Prometheus & Grafana)
- Ability to code in GoLang Python, or C+/C++
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.