NYC Health + Hospitals | Gotham Health Morrisania Diagnostic and Treatment Center serves the South Bronx through a two-pronged approach: providing treatment to those who need it, while at the same time emphasizing prevention. Morrisania runs one of the oldest School Health Programs in New York City and serves four schools through five school-based clinics. These clinics ensure access to free primary medical, dental and mental health care to children who have unmet health needs.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Social Worker Ill in the Behavioral Health Department is a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and in coordination with the team provides treatment to adults and children according to OMH, Network and the Profession’s standards. The SW 3 provides supervision to caseworkers and Social Workers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides adult and children individual, couple, family, group, psychotherapy including crisis and grief counseling at required productivity levels.
2. Conducts intake assessments with patients and/or family members(s)/significant others to determine care needs
3. Supervises SW interns, SW Level 1 in BH, caseworkers in Medicine; and Collaborative Care Licensed SW’s working in Medicine under the MHSC
4. Performs administrative duties including monitoring the Collaborative Care Metrics to ensure we are meeting targets set by OMH and Central Office.
5. Monitors High Risk patients to ensure patient are cared for following the High Risk Policy and the Plan of Correction from OMH.
6. Monitors and updates the Clinic’s Master Grid to ensure that it is a current and helps us monitor patients, providers, metrics to ensure access to services and productivity.
7. Timely completes all necessary administrative and clinical departmental, regulatory and professional standards’ documentation requirements on paper and/or EMR.
8. Responsible for monitoring all patients in case load, from intake to discharge, following through with and coordinating all aspects necessary to ensure timely regulatory compliance and good patient care.
9. Consults psychiatrist and/or Associate Director if mental status exam/psychological intake reveals that the patient is at risk for dangerous behavior to himself or others.
10. Presents intake data at disposition conference
11. Develops/implements treatment plans with patients and/or families and updates treatment plans quarterly
12. Determines appropriateness of outpatient behavioral health services, provides referrals, & psychosocial information patients referred out to ensure continuity of care–documenting all patient contacts, interactions and meetings.
13. Functions as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and can work with patients towards the achievement of planned goals and objectives.
14. Conducts utilization reviews and follows through with writing UR notes
15. Provides information, referral and advocacy to community agencies
16. Advocates and serves as a liaison for patients with community agencies
17. Maintains and completes statistics of case activities as outlined by department and/or requested by program director.
18. Maintains professional boundaries; sets limits on inappropriate behaviors and reinforces appropriate behaviors
19. Monitors own performance by reviewing medical records for appropriate documentation
20. Follows through all mandate reporting, including child abuse and elder abuse
21. Organizes the work flow and responsibilities to ensure timely responses to patient calls and requests
22. Assists/participates in presentations, trainings and in-services as required
23. Responds and participates in external and internal disasters when indicated/assigned by supervisor
24. Attends individual, unit, departmental and intra/inter clinic and departmental meetings as mandated by department
25. Supervises SW interns, SW Level 1 and caseworkers.
26.Uses her higher-level clinical trainings to conduct more groups and treat more complex patients.
27. Conducts administrative duties, creating and maintaining systems and procedures for greater efficiency.
28. Appropriately maintains and secures patient confidentiality, as per HIPPA guidelines.
29. Adheres to Gotham standards of Customer Service during daily activities with patients and staff.
30. Upholds environmental safety standards to assure safety of patients and staff.
31. Maintains Infection Control Protocol as per Network Policy.
32. Work together to provide comprehensive, personalized care for all New Yorkers and commit to providing a person-centered care environment while exemplifying ICARE values
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to the position.
For Assignment to Level III
1. Valid license as an LCSW issued by the NYSED.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB: CERTIFICATION(S)/LICENSE(S):
Current (LCSW) issued by the New York Department of Education or Limited Permit issued from the New York State Education Department and obtain LMSW /LCSW within one year of the date of appointment.
MSW degree from an accredited graduate school of Social Work
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
Ability to assess for mental illness, including diagnosing, devising and implementing individualized treatment plan and provide therapy to individuals, families and groups while using knowledge of Child Abuse and Neglect regulations; DV, Sexual Assault, Rape, and Elder Abuse intervention techniques and resources as well as knowledge of JCAHO, OMH, DOHMH guidelines. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to effectively express ideas in writing and verbally.
Phone, computer, fax machine, and copier
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
2-4 years’ experience in Mental Health field preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,429.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Master’s (Required)
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Certified Social Worker (Required)
Work Location: One location