SOCIAL WORKER, Youth Service Coordination Project
Urban Youth Alliance International, Inc. (UYAI), the parent organization, is a community and faith-based agency dedicated to promoting the leadership and self-sufficiency of urban families. In 1999, UYAI established BronxConnect to address the youth incarceration epidemic impacting communities of color. BronxConnect has since expanded to a wide array of services and initiatives, including alternative youth justice, employment, reentry, advocacy, therapeutics, and Cure Violence interventions. We current serve our communities via ManhattanConnect, StatenIslandConnect, PhillyConnect, InCommunity Reentry and Release the Grip (Cure Violence.)
There will be two Social Workers across the Project who will support the full coordination of services for their assigned locations. Social workers will regularly interface with the Project’s senior leadership, families of participating youth, local city agency caseworkers, community-based partners, and MOCJ staff, as appropriate. The Bronx-based Social Worker will report to the Project Director. The Staten Island-based Social Worker will report to the Staten Island Coordinator.
Other duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
Communicate with Navigator as it pertains to the youth connected to family.
(1) Regularly prepares highly-level service delivery reports to their assigned Project Director, Los Sures staff, and MOCJ, as appropriate, to inform case conferences, crisis intervention and system alignment strategies;
(2) Lead family service plans and crisis intervention work;
(3) Help families access appropriate resources and services in the right sequence and in a streamlined manner;
(4) Support Case Managers and Navigators in developing youth service plans, projects, and community referral networks;
(5) Attend case conferences and actively participates in the agenda; and,
(6) Supervise case management practice, and implementation of the Project’s mentorship and crisis intervention framework and service delivery model with oversight from the Project Director, as appropriate.
(7) Other tasks as requested by the Project Director or Site Coordinator and necessary for Project implementation.
Person(s) in this role should be a licensed social worker with at least five years of experience in youth and family direct service work, therapeutic services, crisis intervention work, and community social work or the equivalent. Social workers hired on this project will have at least three years of experience managing direct service staff, which does not include the supervision of interns. They will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly competent, empathetic, and culturally sensitive to the issues and social context of participating youth and families. One of the four social worker positions being hired must have a social work license. MSW required. Bilingual preferred.
SCHEDULE: M–F, 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm (some nights and weekends). Flexibility required.
WORK LOCATION: Bronx, NY or Staten Island, NY
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- youth & family, therapeutic, crisis intervention: 5 years (Preferred)
- managing direct service staff: 3 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Certified Social Worker (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.