Amazon.com Services LLC
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Strong problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Are you excited about the opportunity to join and lead a diverse team working together to deliver to customers innovative database technology? Are you interested in changing, for the better, how companies establish trust, and earn confidence, as custodians of digital interactions with their customers? Does contributing to the design and development of a new, first-of-its-kind, database excite you? If so, the role of Software Development Manager with the Amazon QLDB team may be your dream job.
The commit and log team is responsible for evaluate optimistic concurrency control (OCC) for the new initiative. Upon successful evaluation, transactions are committed to the write ahead log system. The team is responsible for fanning out logs and accepting transactions durably.
We are looking for an engineering manager who thrives on creative problem solving and enjoys the challenge of operating mission critical systems under extreme loads. An ideal candidate will be able to build a world-class engineering team, capable of diving into complex database and distributed systems problems, and inventing simple and elegant solutions. You will care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant systems that offer idiomatic interfaces to customers. You will have high standards for yourself and your team. You will drive engineering best practices and be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You have great communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and welcome talents with different backgrounds. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- In depth knowledge of distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.