Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
- Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
Job summary AWS Systems Manager is the operations hub for the AWS cloud. Many customers from startups to enterprises are running their entire infrastructure or parts of it in AWS. Operating this infrastructure in the cloud in a reliable way is absolutely important to our customers and we are a core part of that story. Many IT administrators and DevOps engineers rely on Systems Manager to operate their infrastructure safely and securely at scale. Systems Manager provides a unified operational dashboard to view operational data from multiple AWS services, manage large fleet of instances, manage their distributed applications as a single unit and automate their operational tasks/runbooks and define safe operational workflows. More info on Systems Manager: https://aws.amazon.com/systems-manager/). We are looking for a looking for a Software Development Manager to build and manage a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team. You should be passionate about attracting and developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results through others is expected of development managers, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success. Work/Life Balance The Systems Manager team values work-life balance. We value different lifestyles that people have – daycare pickups, helping a partner who works weekends, caring for aging parents, going to the gym once a day – and we want to provide an inclusive environment for everyone. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice. Mentorship and Career Growth We are focused on the growth and development of every member of the team, and that includes our development managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire Systems Manager organization and deliver initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams. This is a growth environment – we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and we will have to hire and develop others along the way.
- Domain knowledge and prior experience in physical and cloud provisioning, performance monitoring, IaaS, PaaS etc. is highly desirable
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.