CGI Group, Inc.
CGI is looking for a Solutions Architect who primarily is an individual contributor but can be responsible for a small team. Main scope of work is to provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to our client standards and reference/segment architectures. Translates the guidelines and standards into practice and solves common technical challenges and provides technical recommendations which have a perceptible impact on local business performance; actively drives the identification, development and implementation of new technologies and opportunities to optimise technology/IT systems. Contributes to the training and guidance of other professionals in the field. May represent the Company externally as a subject matter expert with suppliers, customers and external agencies. Empowered to make decisions on solutions within guidelines. Applies TOE standards and raises step-outs if needed. Applies the standard architecture tools for creating and storing key architecture artefacts (IBM System Architect, PowerDesigner and/or ProVision); fosters re-use. Manages the relation with a customer base on senior levels of business leadership JG1/2. Understands the IT Strategic Roadmap and applies within the context of their organisational assignment. Uses the related reference architectures and roadmaps for Cloud, Mobile, Integration, OpenSource, Big Data, etc
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to client standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the templates, Architect tooling and conforms to standards.
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Have a proven ability to be drive complex Solution Architecture engagements at a detailed level across a broad range of engagement and industries
- Having a track record within a number of large scale IT programmes, taking ownership of the Architecture and Design activities and outputs
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology teams to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Ideally accreditation and practitioner experience of TOGAF and/or IASA
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
- Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Mainly Retail, Trading etc…
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Architect tooling. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
- Liaison with IT Managers for Estimated cost, and prepare business cases for IT solutions
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
- Drive a fit for purpose Solution Architecture and Design aligned with client wider architectural principles, policies and design
- Ensure effective design governance around key design decisions
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Work alongside and actively provide guidance and steer to SaaS providers, cloud providers, 3rd party managed services and client internal services which are being leveraged in the IT solution.
- Deal with complex end to end IT landscapes which consist of 10 or more applications leveraging disparate products, integration patterns and tools.
- Work globally with colleagues and partners in different locations and time zones.
- Formulate and execute solutions for customers across all channels (mobile, internet etc.)
- Help formulate and capture requirements and understand business objectives
- Ideate, conceptualize and drive solutions.
- Work with account teams and customers on specific customer opportunities including ideation workshops, requirements gathering sessions.
- Manage the end-to-end development process for all post sales solution opportunities including initial communication, on-site presentations, schedule and work estimates and represent client on all relevant customer project communications.
- Prior experience in the payment domain including maintaining payment specifications for integrating point of sale and central systems like switches, good knowledge of point to point encryption, digital payments and payment settlement.
- Reduce and eliminate technical debt. Make sure that the product is healthy from a technology perspective, so that it can be easily developed and maintained in short release cycles.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 14+ years of prior experience in various SDLC roles: development, architecture, requirements gathering etc.
- Hands on experience in Enterprise System Architecture execution
- Hands on Experience in E-Commerce Architecture – Keeping Omnichannel in Mind.
- Expertise in Omnichannel frameworks/accelerators
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems and mobile technologies
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Experience on API Development and API Management
- Expert in UML process Design
- Clear Understanding in Complex data structure and RDBMS.
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing application software
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming – with hands on experience.
- Experience in one or more vertical industries- retail .
- Experience in Mobile Application Integration
- Experience in RestFul Architecture
- Experience in Node Js
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services – AKS, Function and App service
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent and architecture tooling like Bizz Design, ArchiMate, System architect
- Experience in Functional Mapping of Business Processes and Product features.
- Strong background in integration design, architecture & implementation of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Comfortable articulating API strategies and the benefits they bring to a non-technical audience
- Experience in Cloud based solution design making use of various PaaS features offered by leading cloud providers like Azure and AWS. Knowledge of integrating cloud services to other cloud services and on-premise services.
- Experience in architecting and integrating CRM, digital loyalty, commerce and closed loop card processing systems for B2C and B2B customers like loyalty cards and fleet cards. Products may include Salesforce PaaS, Sales, Service and Marketing clouds, SAP Hybris Commerce, Adobe Marketing suite or other bespoke solutions.
- Technical certifications in SOA, integration products or cloud platforms is an added advantage
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.
Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Enterprise Architecture
- Object Oriented Programming
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Solutions Architecture
- UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.